A Swing at it

An encounter with the grace of God will change your perspective of life. S2K

Friday, January 30, 2015

IS IT ME OR THE STUFF IN ME?

Do you feel that every time its your turn to move forward you do something to hinder that promotion that next level that relationship and then say you something like. See I knew it, to good to be true....this always happens to me... well I never get a chance.... HEY check your baggage..... your stuff. We run to our stuff/baggage every time we are faced with a decision.... to move to a different place in our lives home, job, moral or spiritual or marriage. When ever we are going to another level we seem to self sabotage it.... Why do we ? It's the stuff! You may ask. Ok how do I know if I have issues sin or baggage or stuff? If you said yes to any of the above you do have something going on . Right? Hey if everyone has to change around you. If you change the atmosphere when you get home or in the office or any where… you have baggage… ok! The Apostle Paul puts it this way. 18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. 19 For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. 20 But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. Romans 7:18-20 (NASB) This sounds like my fight. I want to stop sabotaging my life but I seem to not be able to quite. You may cry out how do I stop hurting and hurting others. Wait hurting others? Yes hurting people hurt people. You dont want to but you do. King saul is a prime example of a person hurting and destroying those around him. He died in the battle field with his son. I dont want to die in the battle field with my son because I dont take care of my issues my stuff. Victory is not for the coward. General Patton talking about a fight put it this way. “Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory” ― George S. Patton Jr. Its a fight to break that pattern in your life, that is destructive and vile to your life and to those around you. How do we then fight? 1. Face your stuff, your sin, your pattern. This means we get honest about ourselves. We admit our stuff and call it for what it is SIN! Anything that is destroying your life, your family and your future is sin. (missing the mark) 8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:8-9 (NASB) Confession is agreeing with God what He says about your stuff. 2. Renouncing or repenting for the stuff. Take ownership, call it what it is and change your perspective of it. Break any legal connection to it. Renouncing is an active response to what you are breaking free from. This is hard work. You are going to not only make some emotional changes and physical one too, you are going to change everything in about you concerning this sin/stuff. in the book of acts in the new testament we see an example of this. 18 Many also of those who had believed kept coming, confessing and disclosing their practices. 19 And many of those who practiced magic brought their books together and began burning them in the sight of everyone; and they counted up the price of them and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver. 20 So the word of the Lord was growing mightily and prevailing. Acts 19:18-20 (NASB) The people were practicing magic and witchcraft. Their way of life was going to change it took a great deal of courage but they did it. You too can break away from the stuff the sin and be free. S2K

No comments:

Post a Comment