A Swing at it

An encounter with the grace of God will change your perspective of life. S2K

Thursday, March 19, 2015

I Was Wrong

Good morning folks. I was reminded last night about honor. I was reminded how scripture tells us to honor our loved ones and authorities. How we should pray for them. I was under conviction and also having a hard time with it. Let me explain my self. I love my country. I have a passion for my country but more for my God. My love for my country comes from a greatful heart towards God. America is great and there is no other country in the world like her. She has a great history and has a special place in the world.She is great because of her people and her God. This country has a great constitution and a great form of government. These are my thoughts of my country. Simple. When President Barack Hussein Obama took office I was angry. Angry for I knew that all that made America was the very thing that this man was against. His view of America was wrong and deadly to her strengths and future. I could not understand how a God fearing Bible reading community of Christian believers vote for this man. I would hear my Hispanic people say that they voted for him because he will help Hispanics get papers. Blacks because he was for the poor. Whites because it was time for a black president. I voted my bible and my convictions. I voted for liberties and my future generations liberties. I voted for my constitution. I voted for the blood that was shed in foreign soil that was shed for me and my fellow Americans. I voted for the ink that wrote the declaration of Independence. When America is strong the world is a better place. I in my zeal and love for God, Family and Country, I sinned by speaking in a way that dishonor the President and the office of my beloved country. God tells me to Honor him. 13 Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority, 14 or to governors as sent by him 1 Peter 2:13-14 (NASB) 17 Honor all people, love the brotherhood, fear God, honor the king. 1 Peter 2:17 (NASB) I love my country but I love my God more. I live in the greatest country because I have a great God that allow me to live here. He is the reason 200 years ago a group of christians left their homeland to find what Reagan called "the City on a hill". I write all this to ask God and my love ones and anyone that I have offended to forgive me for dishonoring The President and my country. I still disagree with everything he stands for but I will choose my words better to speak against him. I will still fight with every fiber in me to defend my country against any tyrant that attacks the very thing that made America great. It will be a greater sin not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment